TRADE of the DAY
OPTION FLOW RECAP
SONG of the DAY
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Option Flow Recap May 4th
Macro / Thematic
Rare Element Res Ltd Ordinary Shares
- 12,000 of the July 12 puts were sold at $1.20. The puts were sold to open.
iShares Silver Trust (ETF)
– 25,000 of the May 36 / 38 put spread were sold at $0.76. This could be the closing of an existing position or a roll of a position down from the 38 to the 36 puts.
Energy Select Sector SPDR
– 10,000 of the June 76 straddles were sold at $5.50.
SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Explore & Prod. (ETF)
– 10,000 of the June 63 puts were sold to buy 20,000 of the June 59 puts with the investor collecting $0.025.
– 8150 of the June 23 / 27 strangle was sold at $0.79.
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
– 2050 of the June 20 calls were bought for $0.30. The calls were bought to open.
Valero Energy Corporation
10,000 of the September 28 / 30 call spread was bought for $0.65.
Petrohawk Energy Corporation
– 10,000 of the May 26 / 29 call spreads were bought for $0.30. The call spread appears to be opening.
Range Resources Corp.
– 4800 of the June 55 calls were bought for $2.00. It is possible they were being bought to close.
Materials / Industrials
– 3600 of the September 25 / 33 put spread was bought for $1.58. The company reports earings on the 11
Gerdau SA (ADR)
– 5000 of the May 11 call were bought for $0.55. The calls appear to be opening.
NovaGold Resources Inc.
– 22,000 of the June 9 / 11 put spread was sold at $0.40 and the September 9 / 11 put spread bought for $0.75.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.
– 10,000 of the June 52.5 calls were bought for $2.04.
– 8500 of the July 28 puts were bought for $0.21. The puts were bought to open.
America Movil SAB de CV
– 750 of the June 50 puts were bought for $0.65. The puts were bought to open.
– 30,000 of the January 5.5 call were sold at $0.05 and the January 4.5 calls bought for $0.42.
Medco Health Solutions Inc.
– An investor sold the July 60 / 65 1x2 call spread 5500 x 11,000 times collecting $0.80.
*Special thanks to Flotilla Partners, Option Radar, BMO Capital, MEB Options, LiveVolPro, CBOE, Option Monster, and all of the options desks and traders we work with to provide the option flow!
No position at this time. Position declarations are believed to be accurate at time of writing but may change at any time and without notice.
Sea of Opportunity
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
sea of opportunity
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)